Sunday, March 14, 2010

Little Free Write

Saturday @ the markaz, mastering the pain
Slidin' down a slippery slope, still saying sane
Youth that don't listen, your cranium'll meet my cane
Asoonance & Consonance will grow your brain
Cuz if you wanna beat me you gotta train
Cuz I eat fake poets alive, spit out their names
I even beat the devil before, shit out his flames
After all what can you do today, talkin' bout the rain
Cuz we all sliding down that slippery slope, still stayin sane
Saturday @ the markaz, mastering the pain....

My first Saturday at work in a long time was spent with the Youth Program at the Markaz. Me and two other youth program interns led a workshop on assonance, consonance, and alliteration. After a break the youth were supposed to do a free write or to add to a piece that they will be performing in a month. Here is the best I can do in 10 minutes at the Markaz.

-M7

No comments:

Post a Comment